ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Business Organisations: Cold Storage Commission
Cold Storage Commission
- Buys cattle, sheep and goats from farmers.
- Sells meat and meat products.
- Operates ranches for beef cattle.
- Operates slaughter houses.
- Carries out research on beef production.
- Sores beef and beef products in refrigerated cold rooms.
- Regulates the supply of beef i.e. it prevents shortage and glut of beef on the market.
- Processes beef into bee products for example sausages.
- Transports cattle bought and beef to butcheries.
- Grades and inspects bee.
- Sells hides to shoe manufacturing companies.
- Finances cattle projects.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.