Drought stressed maize. Image by Missouri.edu ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Weather Hazards: Drought
- In general terms drought is caused by a general shortage of precipitation over an extended period of time usually the rain season resulting in water shortages for both human and natural […]
Rainfall. Image via the Herald. ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Rainfall.
- Rainfall is just one form of precipitation.
- Precipitation occurs when warm moist air rises or is forced to rise.
- Water vapor in the air parcel cools and condenses to form clouds.
- This is because temperature falls with increase […]
The world’s pressure belts and winds ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Pressure
- Air has weight and therefore exerts pressure, called atmospheric pressure onto the earth’s surface.
- The pressure is not the same for all regions nor is it the same for any one region all the time that […]
Rainy Weather. Image by Sodahead. ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Introduction to Weather and Climate
Weather-the state of the atmosphere at a particular place and time as regards heat, cloudiness, dryness, sunshine, wind, rain, etc. The weather is all around us, all the time. It is an […]
Zimbabwe receives most of its rainfall from the ITCZ. Image by Aljezeera. ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Frontal/ Cyclonic/Convergence Rainfall
- This is also know as frontal or cyclonic or depression rainfall.
- Cyclonic rainfall occurs in the temperate latitudes and is […]
A typical weather station. Image by Stanbachonline. ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Weather Station
-A weather station is a facility, either on land or sea, with instruments and equipment for measuring atmospheric conditions to provide information for weather forecasts and to study the weather […]