ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Letter of Inquiry
Letter of inquiry
- It is a letter written by a buyer/potential buyer to a supplier or to several suppliers.
- It shows the names and addresses of both the buyer and the seller.
- It has and shows a date of issue.
- In which the buyer/potential buyer requests the following information about goods/services from the supplier:
- The types/range of goods available for sale.
- The size of the goods/services.
- The prices of the goods/services.
- The terms of payment and availability of credit and if any discounts are available.
- The terms of delivery for the goods including the dates and delivery cost.
- Is written by a buyer to the supplier.
- It shows the names and addresses of the buyer and seller.
- It states the expected time of delivery and method of payment.
- Might quote the catalogue number or quotation number if any.
- It shows the quoted prices.
- At the barest minimum it is made in duplicate (i.e. there are at least two copies).
- The buyer states the description of goods/services they desire to buy in the including:
- The desired quantity.
- The desired size.
- The desired name/ types/ models of goods.
- The colour of goods desired.
- The quality of goods desired.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.