ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Consumer Rights
- The right to basic human needs:
- consumers must have access to basic needs such as food, clothing, water, shelter, education and health care.
- The right to safety:
- Consumers must be protected against goods and service or production processes which are dangerous to health.
- The right to be informed
- consumers must be given facts and figures required to make informed choices and decisions.
- The right to choose:
- consumers must have access to a wide range of goods and services.
- The right to be heard:
- Consumers must be allowed to express themselves and lodge complaints.
- Consumers must also be represented in government and other policy making bodies to enable them to put across to put across their views.
- The right to redress:
- consumers must be accorded a fair settlement of just claims.
- Consumers must be compensated for sub-standard goods and services purchased.
- The right to consumer education:
- Consumer must be provided knowledge of their rights.
- The right to a healthy environment:
- Consumers must be protected against environmental hazards i.e. consumers must live in a clean and safe environment.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.