ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: The Consumer Council of Zimbabwe (CCZ)
- Receives complaints from consumers and then investigates them.
- Settles disputes via arbitration between consumers and traders.
- Files lawsuits on behalf of consumers.
- Educates consumers on their rights.
- Provides advice to consumers, ie. advises consumers to buy wisely by comparing prices and quality of products.
- Conducts spot checks to make sure that standards are maintained and that prices recommended by the government are adhered to.
- Encourages fair competition among manufacturers when advertising.
- manufacturing of standard goods.
- Proper labelling of goods.
- Ethical, moral and decent advertising of goods and services.
- testing of goods by the Standards Association of Zimbabwe and publishing of results of goods tested.
- Reputable shops to customers.
- appropriate consumer legislation to government.
- Acts as a watchdog against unethical practices by traders e.g. profiteering.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.