ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: The Consumer Council of Zimbabwe (CCZ)
- Receives complaints from consumers and then investigates them.
- Settles disputes via arbitration between consumers and traders.
- Files lawsuits on behalf of consumers.
- Educates consumers on their rights.
- Provides advice to consumers, ie. advises consumers to buy wisely by comparing prices and quality of products.
- Conducts spot checks to make sure that standards are maintained and that prices recommended by the government are adhered to.
- Encourages fair competition among manufacturers when advertising.
- manufacturing of standard goods.
- Proper labelling of goods.
- Ethical, moral and decent advertising of goods and services.
- testing of goods by the Standards Association of Zimbabwe and publishing of results of goods tested.
- Reputable shops to customers.
- appropriate consumer legislation to government.
- Acts as a watchdog against unethical practices by traders e.g. profiteering.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.