ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: Zimbabwe 1894-1969:Transport
- The economic activities of the settlers needed good road networks to flourish
- A revolution also occurred in the transport sector
- Railway line were constructed to link major cities such as Salisbury, Mutare and Bulawayo
- Mutare was linked to port Beira in Mozambique in 1898
- Old strip roads and bumpy gravel travel were replaced by wide tarred highways
- The Beit Trust Funds were used to build bridges across the the Limpopo, Zambezi and Save rivers
- This led to easier and less dusty road travel
- Air travelling became quite common
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.