ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Public and Private enterprises
- Businesses owned by private individuals or a group of individuals.
- Found under the private sector.
- Formed in order to make profit.
- Include sole traders, partnerships, private limited companies, multinational corporations and trade associations.
- businesses organised and controlled by government on behalf of its citizens.
- Found under the public sector.
- Provide essential goods and services at competitive and affordable prices.
- Have no profit making motive.
- Include public corporations, (parastatals), local authorities and public utility corporations.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.