ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: Zimbabwe 1894-1969: The Land Tenure Act (1969)
- This was a more rigid and segregationalist law
- It replaced the Land Tenure Act of 1931
- The aim of the law was to create different areas for each race
- It increased the division between the Europeans and Africans
- The act propounded a policy similar to that of apartheid
- Native Reserves were renamed Tribal Trust Lands
- African were to live permanently in these settlements and could move to urban areas after gaining employment
- Africans could not settle in European areas without permission which was almost never granted even if they had the means to do so
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.