ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: Dictatorship in Europe: Dictatorship in Italy: Benito Mussolini: Negative effects of Mussolini’s domestic policies
- People lost their freedom of expression because of censorship.
- There was lack of individual freedom.
- Not all Italians were employed.
- Loss of lives as those who opposed Fascim got killed or exiled.
- Early marriages took place as bachelors feared the high taxes exacted on them.
- It made children disrespect their parents and teachers by placing high priority on the Fascist government.
- Overpopulation resulted from the Battle of Babies.
- The Battle for Grain saw most of the land being used for grain at the expense of other crops
- Italy became a policy state
- Alternative opinions and facts not supporting Mussolini’s viewpoint were suppressed
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.