ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: The Composition of the Federal Government
The Governor and Executive
- The Governor General was the Head of Government and he represented the British Queen
- He was appointed by the Queen and received order from the her or the King directly
- The Governor General worked with his advisers called Executive Council whom he appointed
- The Governor’s main duty was to make sure the constitution was being upheld
- He was also the Commander in Chief of the Federal Army
- He was responsible for the appointment of the Prime Minister
- Lord Llewellin was the first Governor General
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.