ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: Mineral Nutrition
- Besides water and carbon dioxide plants also need many different mineral salts from their environment.
- These mineral salts are required in small quantities.
- They are taken up by the plant in solutions form as ions with water and are distributed around the plant.
- Each mineral element has a specific function in the plant.
- The three most important mineral elements are: potassium, nitrogen and phosphorus.
Mineral Uses and their deficiencies