ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Transport: Documents used in shipping: Charter Party
- A contract document used to hire a ship for example tramp ships.
- It can be known as a voyage charter when hiring a ramp for a specific journey.
- Can be known as a time charter when hiring a tramp for a specific time period.
- Can be known as a demise when hiring a tramp together with its crew.
- Shows the names and addresses of the hiring party and the ship owner.
- Shows the cost of carrying the goods.
- Contains lay days i.e. the stipulated number of days for loading and offloading the cargo.
- If for some reason the cargo can be loaded or unloaded within the lay days, the hiring party pays a fine calle “demurrage.”
- If the goods carried do not fill the whole tramp the hirer pays “dead freight” for the unoccupied space.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.