ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Advertising: Techniques used in advertising
Techniques used in advertising
- In order to make advertising more effective and appealing to consumers various techniques are employed including:
- Ambition-This is when a successful person is sued to advertise the product for example a celebrity like Oliver Mtukudzi.
- Romance-The technique tries to connect the use of product to success with the opposite sex. This is employed with products like jewellery and perfumes.
- Comedy-this is when comedians are used to advertise a product in order to amuse the audience.
- Social acceptance-when the advertisement implies that the use of the product will result in the user being elevated on the social ladder.
- Personal appeal-Celebrities are used to endorse and recommend the product e.g. Soccer stars like Lionel Messi.
- Desire for easy life-is used when selling labour saving devices such as vacuum cleaners.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.