ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes:Natural Resources: Renewable Resources: Zimbabwe’s forests
- Zimbabwe’s natural vegetation is generally described as savanna woodland.
- This means that the vegetation consists mainly of tall grass and scattered trees.
- The density of trees varies from place to place depending on various factors
- These factors include:
- amount of rainfall,
- aspect and
- human activities.
- An examination of the country’s vegetation zones will give an insight into types of wood available and their distribution.
- Basically Zimbabwe has four broad vegetation zones, namely:
To access more topics go to the O Level Geography Notes page