ZIMSEC O Level Business Studies Notes: Command Economy/ Planned Economy
- The government owns and manages all the resources.
- The government determines what to produce, how much to produce and for whom to produce
- The main motive is to provide goods and services rather than profit
- The government sets the prices
- Examples include Cuba, China and North Korea
- Prices are kept in control.
- Equitable distribution of wealth.
- Low levels of unemployment as the government provides employment for everyone.
- Elimination of wastage as there is no duplication.
- Provides essential goods.
- Consumers cannot choose what to buy since there is usually only one brand.
- Takes time to respond to changes in consumer needs and wants.
- Lack of profit motive may lead to inefficiency.
To access more topics go to the Business Studies Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, chat with us using the chat feature at the bottom right of this screen