ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: Experiment: Determining the resistance of resistors in parallel and in series
Aim: To determine the combined resistance of resistors in series and in parallel
Materials: 4 cells, 2 bulbs/2 resistors, switch, ammeter, voltmeter, leads with crocodile clips
- Set up the circuit as shown above in series and in parallel
- Measure the voltage across each resistor in series
- Measure the voltage across two resistors in series
- Measure the voltage across each resistor in parallel
- Measure the voltage two resistors in parallel
- Using the voltage and current readings calculate the resistance of each resistor and the total resistance of the combined resistors
Results and Observations
- Resistors in series have a greater combined resistance
- Than resistors in parallel
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.