ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Wholesale Trade: Functions of wholesalers: To producers and manufactures
To the producers/manufacturers
- The wholesaler:
- Collects orders from numerous retailers.
- Provides manufacturers with market information on consumer want and competitor activities.
- Stores finished products.
- Clears manufacturer’s production lines thus allowing manufacturers and producers to concentrate on manufacturing and production.
- Bears risks.
- Advertises goods on behalf of manufacturers.
- Provides a ready market for manufacturers.
- Finances manufacturers by paying cash.
- Blends, packages, grades , bleaches, dyes and brands goods.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.