ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Functions of of Zim-Trade ( Government promotion of foreign trade)
Function of Zim-Trade ( Government promotion of foreign trade)
- Carries out market research in other countries to ascertain whether or not to export to those countries.
- Examines and investigates, together with potential exporters, the possibilities available to invest in those countries.
- Invites interested companies and finances their delegates to visit and explore investment opportunities in other countries.
- Receives inquiries from importers abroad and passes the information to potential investors.
- Helps companies in Zimbabwe to take part in trade fairs and exhibitions organised by other countries.
- Supplies information to exporters in which exports from developing countries such as Zimbabwe to developed countries such as the United Kingdom receive preferential tariff charges.
- Provides information on overseas countries on:
- credit worthiness of overseas importers.
- Economic conditions overseas.
- Provide means of payment and receipt by:
- use of documentary (letters) of credit
- accepting and discounting bills of exchange.
- Sending and receiving payments through telegraphic money transfers and bank drafts.
- Offering financial assistance through loans.
- Keeping money and documents safely.
- Acting as guarantors.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.