ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Functions of of Zim-Trade ( Government promotion of foreign trade)
Function of Zim-Trade ( Government promotion of foreign trade)
- Carries out market research in other countries to ascertain whether or not to export to those countries.
- Examines and investigates, together with potential exporters, the possibilities available to invest in those countries.
- Invites interested companies and finances their delegates to visit and explore investment opportunities in other countries.
- Receives inquiries from importers abroad and passes the information to potential investors.
- Helps companies in Zimbabwe to take part in trade fairs and exhibitions organised by other countries.
- Supplies information to exporters in which exports from developing countries such as Zimbabwe to developed countries such as the United Kingdom receive preferential tariff charges.
- Provides information on overseas countries on:
- credit worthiness of overseas importers.
- Economic conditions overseas.
- Provide means of payment and receipt by:
- use of documentary (letters) of credit
- accepting and discounting bills of exchange.
- Sending and receiving payments through telegraphic money transfers and bank drafts.
- Offering financial assistance through loans.
- Keeping money and documents safely.
- Acting as guarantors.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.