ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Trade Associations
- an organisation formed by traders in the same line of business/industry e.g. Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Bankers Association of Zimbabwe etc.
- Is found in the private sector.
- Protects the interests of its member traders.
- Establishes a code of practice (rules) governing the conduct of its members.
- Represents members when dealing with other organisations.
- A center for exchange of information for members.
- An advisory services bureau for members.
- Organises, places and pays for collective advertising campaigns in the media.
- Organises trade exhibitions.
- Sets prices of commodities manufactured and sold by its members.
- Ensures that the set prices are adhered to.
- Restricts competition in prices of its members.
- Carries out market research, on behalf of member traders, in the production and distribution of goods and services.
- Publishes a trade journal for its particular industry e.g. ACCA magazine.
- Maintains a fund for the association from subscriptions contributed by members for the sustenance of the association.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.