ZIMSEC Combined Science Notes: Safety when using chemicals
- Pesticides are almost always harmful to human beings.
- They are graded according to their level of toxicity i.e. how dangerous they are to humans.
- There are no safe pesticides all are harmful the level of toxicity differs but all pesticides are toxic.
- Always read and follow instructions when using pesticides taking note of the following:
- the composition of the substance.
- What exactly is it supposed to be used for people have a tendency to use garden chemicals for home use. This will most likely lead to accidental poisoning.
- Handling precautions that are supposed to be followed e.g. gloves.
- The recommended course of treatment in the event that one is exposed to the pesticide.
- Cleaning after use.
- Storage and disposal of used containers.
- Generally chemicals should be stored in a dry cool place and always away from the reach of children and pets.
- They should be stored in locked, well ventilated storerooms.
- Used pesticide containers should be buried and not burnt.
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.