ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Retail Trade: Prepackaging
- refers to the practice of placing goods into containers by the manufacturers, retailers and wholesalers.
Advantages of pre-packing
- goods become easier to display
- some packaging protects goods against damage
- prevents goods from deteriorating
- reduces soiling of goods from constant consumer handling
- allows branding and individual pricing of goods
- facilitates self-service method of selling
- enables manufacturers to write instructions and directions for use on the goods themselves
- goods are easy to carry and handle.
To access more topics go the Commerce Notes page.