ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Transport: Functions of a Seaport authority
Functions of a Sea-Port Authority
- Ensure that seaports are accessible from the inland by both road and rail.
- Ensures efficient handling of both imports and exports
- Maintains approaches to a port by both dredging and buoys.
- Maintains the general state of efficiency at a seaport.
- Charges and collects dock, harbour, port dues and wharfage.
- Licences pilots
- Storage facilities
- Refueling facilities for ships
- Loading and unloading facilities for example cranes, fork lifts and quays.
- Provide dock labour force e.g. stevedores.
- Pilots to assist in stirring ships to the harbour.
- Offices for customs authorities.
- Ship repair yards e.g. dry docks.
- Supplies fresh water and food.
- Quarantine of animals to maintain public health.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.