ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Communication: Email and Internet
Electronic Mail (Email)
- Is the communication of information:
- using a computer.
- Via a telephone circuit.
- The information is sent from one computer to another.
- From one computer to several computers at the same time.
- It uses modems.
- Each subscriber has an electronic mail address e.g. email@example.com.
- Each subscriber has a secret code (password).
- Information received can be stored, retrieved and printed.
- Quick transmission of messages.
- A cheap means of sending messages.
- Uses satellite dishes, computer, telephone circuit and modems.
- Sends information.
- Receives information.
- Stores information.
- Information can be retrieved.
- Information is displayed on the computer.
- It is a library for world-wide information e.g. sports, quotations and fashion.
- It is cheap a cheap and fast way of communication.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.