ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: Electrical safety
- Electrical safety is important as electric shocks can be lethal and improper use of electricity can result in fires
- The following precautions can be taken when using electricity:
- Wearing rubber soled shoes when ironing or using electrical appliances such as stoves etc to reduce the danger of being electrocuted
- Heater/Irons or other appliances that draw a lot of power should be connected to overhead sockets which are meant for bulbs as they draw a lot of power
- This could result in the sockets overheating and catching fire
- The proper wires must be used for each appliance.
- Using wires that are too thing/small for high power appliances can result in them overheating and catching fire
- Appliances must not be used in damp conditions
- Too many appliances must not be plugged into the same socket
- Three pin plugs must be used wherever possible
- Appliances and electrical installations must be earthed
- The correct fuse must be used when connecting appliances
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.