ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: Elements and the proton number
- The atoms of different elements are different from each other
- This is because they have different numbers of protons and neutrons
- Each element is made up of only one type of atom
- Atoms of different elements also have a different mass and size
- For example a carbon atom is 12 times heavier than a hydrogen atom
- The number of protons in the nucleus is known as the proton number
- The simplest atom is that of hydrogen which has the proton number of one
- It has one proton in the nucleus and no neutrons
- It electronically neutral as the proton is balanced by one electronic
- Helium comes next with two protons, two electrons and two neutrons
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.