ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Money and Banking: Credit Cards
Bank Credit Cards
- They all a customer or cardholder to buy on credit up to a limited amount on card.
- Are used to draw cash from the customer’s bank account.
- Guarantees limited cash withdrawals at other banks.
- Allow the customer to obtain loans from any bank operating the scheme.
- The customer does not need to carry cash around.
- Used for encashment of cheques at any of the bank’s branches or correspondent banks.
- Used in both foreign and home trade.
- Allows customers to pay several bills using one cheque once a month thus saving on bank charges.
- Guarantees payment of cheques drawn by the customer.
- Enables a request of statement on account.
- Uses a PIN (Personal Identification Number) for security.
- Can be used to transfer funds from one account to another.
- Allows the provision of an overdraft facility.
- The credit card shows the following information:
- The name and signature of the card holder.
- The name of the issuing bank.
- The expiry date of the Card.
- The terms and conditions of use.
- The card/account number.
- The CVV number
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.