ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: The Constitution of Zimbabwe: Chapter 7: Elections
- Elections are held for Councilors, members of Parliament, Senators and the President after every five years
- Any Zimbabwean citizen over the age of 18 is eligible to vote
- The Delimitation Commission divide Zimbabwe into constituencies every ten years
- The Zimbabwe Electoral Commission is the main institution with the responsibility of the administration of elections
- The functions of the ZEC includes:
- To prepare for the administration and supervision of the elections and referendums
- To ensure elections are held in a transparent, fair, free manner and in accordance to the constitution
- To provide oversight on the registration of voters
- To compile the voters’ rolls and registers
- To keep and maintain the voters’ rolls and register
- To appoint observers of referendums or elections
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.