ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Natural Resources: Energy:Advantages and Disadvantages of coal as a source of energy
- Relatively high energy amount.
- Fairly plentiful with global estimate use of 4 000 years.
- Employment creation in mining, processing, burning and distribution.
- Has many other industrial uses.
- Relatively cheap energy source.
- Non-renewable in the end.
- Environmentally unfriendly through air, water and land pollution from mining.
- A health hazard.
- Expensive to run through mining and transporting to plants.
- Cannot power vehicles unless expensive liquefication and gasification are done.
- It is bulky and dirty hence difficult to handle.
- Has generally a low energy content and as a result inefficient.
- Leads to quick wear and tear of machinery.
To access more topics go to the O Level Geography Notes page
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.