ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: Ways used by Locals to Resist Missionary Influence
- Locals moved to locations that were far from the settlements of the missionaries
- They continued with their tradition and religion instead of abandoning it
- Even though the missionaries denounced raids, the Ndebele continued raiding their neighbours
- The locals continued with their traditional type of education and refused to go to missionary schools
- They killed missionaries who called them witches
- All local people who accepted missionary teachings or wanted to accept it were killed
- The locals starved the missionaries as they were seen as agents of imperialism
- Missionaries were not allowed to walk freely or talk to locals
- Some African leaders barred missionaries and locals were discouraged from attending their church services
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.