ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Transport: Tramp ships
- Cargo ships which are for hire.
- They can be hired for a specific time and journey.
- They trade on the spot market.
- They can be chartered at the Baltic Exchange in London.
- They carry mixed cargo.
- They travel anywhere in the world in search of cargo to carry.
- Their freight charges are:
- fixed by negotiations
- and often low.
- They do not have:
- fixed routes
- nor do they have fixed time-tables.
- They have no permanent home port.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.