ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: The Struggle for Independence in Colonial Zimbabwe 1900-1980: The Kissinger Proposals
- Efforts to get a peaceful settlement were necessary after the war were now necessary after 1977
- Nkomo and Smith had failed to reach a consensus during the internal settlement and a new group of negotiators came to the scene which was led by Henry Kissinger an American Foreign Minister
- America was drawing lessons from Mozambique, Angola and Vietnam that liberation struggles made nationalists radicals inclined to communism
- Kissinger wanted to prevent this situation in Zimbabwe by granting majority rule but at the same time protecting minority rights
- Kissinger and Smith drafted a proposal to this effect
- At this time Smith was beginning to give up
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.