ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: Great Zimbabwe: The economic activities of Great Zimbabwe
Economic activities carried out at Great Zimbabwe
- The people at Great Zimbabwe engaged in a variety of economic activities including:
- the paying and receiving of tribute
- pottery making
- blacksmithing (ironworks)
- trade (both domestic trade and with other tribes and early europeans).
- pastoralism (mainly cattle and goats)
Items that were exchanged by the people at Great Zimbabwe in return for foreign goods.
- Various items were traded by the people at Great Zimbabwe in return for foreign goods such as jewellery. These items include:
- animal skins
- ostrich feathers.
- iron tools
- soapstone bowls
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.