ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: The circulatory system of mammals
- Mammals also have a transport system just like plants
- With this transport system things like food, oxygen,water and other substances are carried to all parts of the body.
- In mammals the heart acts as a pump to create the force required to push these substances through blood vessels (tubes)
- The circulatory system of mamals is made uf the heart and blood vessels
- At certain places inside the system there are valves to ensure that blood only flows in one direction.
- Mammals have a double circulation/pump action.
- The double action keeps the blood pressure high enough to force the blood through the vessels.
- Blood flows from the heart to the lungs where it is oxygenated and back to the heart
- From there it is pumped to the rest of the body.
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.