ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: The circulatory system of mammals
- Mammals also have a transport system just like plants
- With this transport system things like food, oxygen,water and other substances are carried to all parts of the body.
- In mammals the heart acts as a pump to create the force required to push these substances through blood vessels (tubes)
- The circulatory system of mamals is made uf the heart and blood vessels
- At certain places inside the system there are valves to ensure that blood only flows in one direction.
- Mammals have a double circulation/pump action.
- The double action keeps the blood pressure high enough to force the blood through the vessels.
- Blood flows from the heart to the lungs where it is oxygenated and back to the heart
- From there it is pumped to the rest of the body.
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.