ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: The Constitution of Zimbabwe: Acting President
- Whenever the President is absent from Zimbabwe or is unable to exercise his or her official functions through illness or any other cause, those functions must be assumed and exercise by the first Vice-President or Second Vice President or a minister
- An acting President should not exercise the duties of a president unless supported by the majority of the Cabinet such as:
- to deploy the Defence Forces
- To enter into any international convention, treaty or agreement
- To appoint or revoke the appointment of a Vice-President, Minister or
- To assign or reassign functions to a Vice-President, Minister or Deputy
Minister, including, in the case of a Vice-President or Minister, the
administration of any Act of Parliament or of any Ministry or department,
or to cancel any such assignment of functions
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.