ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: The Struggle for Independence in Colonial Zimbabwe 1900-1980: Settler’s warfare tactics
- They built a powerful army and air force of both whites and blacks. The blacks in white armies were sellouts
- They also used the state of emergency declaration and used various laws to hang, brutalize, kill and detain Africans
- Those thought to be supporting the guerrillas were brutalized more
- They employed the protected villages and the dawn to dusk curfew strategy so that villagers would not give guerillas any support
- They attacked neighbouring countries such as Mozambique which were giving support to Zimbabwe and killed refugees in camps
- They also facilitated the killing of Herbert Chitepo to weaken the nationalists
- They also signed the internal settlement with Muzorewa, Sithole and Chirau
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.