ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: The Ndebele State:Religious Organisation of the Ndebele State
- They believed in a supreme God whom they called Umnkulunkulu.
- The Ndebele adopted the Rozvi Mwari called Mlimo in SiNdebele and Amadhloziformerly called masvikiro
- In times of disaster they consulted the Amadhlozi so that they could mediate to Mlimo
- They also consulted the Amadhlozi in times of war as they were used to instill discipline in the army
- The Amadhlozi prepared the warriors psychologically for war
- These religious leaders were respected highly that Mzilikazi and Lobengula paid tribute to those who stayed at Matonjeni and Uswa
- The Ndebele practiced the Inxwala ceremony with the king presiding over it
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, chat with us using the chat feature at the bottom right of this screen