ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: The Zulu under Tshaka: Reasons why Tshaka was assassinated.
- He was an absolute ruler/tyrant.
- He disrespected and often humiliated traditional chiefs.
- He did not consult with his commanders.
- He dismissed commanders at will often for petty reasons.
- He killed his subjects for petty offences.
- He killed any girl whom he impregnated because he did not want a successor.
- He did not give his relatives positions of authority.
- The army became exhausted as a result of endless military campaigns.
- Tshaka’s successes made his relatives Dingaane and Mhalangane jealous and want to usurp the throne.
- Mkabayi suspected Tshaka of killing his mother.
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.