ZIMSEC History O Level Notes: The Mutapa State: Reasons for the Rise of the Mutapa State
- The following reasons can be used to account for the rise and expansion of the Mutapa state:
- Scarcity of reasons such as salt, pastures etc at Great Zimbabwe
- The Rise of militaristic and ambitious leaders such as Mutota.
- The Abundance of salt in the Dande-Chidinma area.
- The leadership disputes at Great Zimbabwe.
- Population pressure at Great Zimbabwe.
- The need to control the trade with the East Coast.
- Availability of hunting grounds in the Mutapa state.
- The eventual fall of the Great Zimbabwe State.
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.