ZIMSEC History O Level Notes: The Mutapa State: Reasons for the Rise of the Mutapa State
- The following reasons can be used to account for the rise and expansion of the Mutapa state:
- Scarcity of reasons such as salt, pastures etc at Great Zimbabwe
- The Rise of militaristic and ambitious leaders such as Mutota.
- The Abundance of salt in the Dande-Chidinma area.
- The leadership disputes at Great Zimbabwe.
- Population pressure at Great Zimbabwe.
- The need to control the trade with the East Coast.
- Availability of hunting grounds in the Mutapa state.
- The eventual fall of the Great Zimbabwe State.
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.