ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: The Ndebele State:Problems faced by the Ndebele during their journey from Zululand
- These are some of the problems faced by the Ndebele/Khumalo on their way from Zululand to Western Zimbabwe:
- Families were separated when the Ndebele were moving to Zimbabwe
- There were shortages of pastures for their livestock
- The Khumalo experienced shortage of food because of a recurring droughts
- They were involved in many battles with different groups such as the Pedi, Rolong, Griqua and Boers
- Many people died during wars
- Livestock was also lost when the Khumalo during when they were raided and some due to tsetse flies
- The Ndebele homes were destroyed by fire
- There was rebellion by ambitious people
- Many people got sick with malaria
- Wild animals also attacked them
- There was the disruption of economic activities such as trade and farming activities.
- The Ndebele lived in fear of external attacks.
- Many Khumalo women were taken as captive by other groups
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.