Read the paper carefully before answering the questions.
Answer two questions.
Answer one question from Section A and one question from Section B.
Write your name and your answers on a separate answer sheet.
If you use more than one sheet of paper, fasten the sheets together.
INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
The number of marks is given in brackets
 at the end of each question.
You are advised to spend 50 minutes on Section A and 40 minutes on Section B.
SECTION A ( 30 MARKS)
Write a composition on one of the following topics. Your answer should be between 350 and 450 words in length. You are advised to spend 50 minutes on this section.
1. Describe an exciting sports day at your school. 
2. Write a story based on one of the following statements:
Either a) After getting married, he was a completely changed man. 
Or b) On hearing her name, she smiled. 
3. Communities should contribute to protecting the environment. How far do you agree? 
4. The day grandmother visited. 
5. What would you consider to be attributes of a good community library? 
6. The joys of being an only child. 
7. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of being a celebrity. 
SECTION B ( 20 MARKS)
Answer the following question. You should spend not more than 40 minutes on this section. Begin your answer on a fresh page.
8. You are the Head Prefect of Wisdom High School. Using points given below and adding relevant points of your own, write a speech you would give to the incoming Form One pupils enlightening them on the School rules.