ZIMSEC O Level Business Studies Notes: Non Financial Motivation: Job Enrichment
- is a management concept that involves redesigning jobs so that they are more challenging to the employee and have less repetitive work.
- This involves adding control, autonomy,authority and responsibility to the job
- Unlike Job enlargement job enrichment is a vertical redesigning of the job
- It is also known as job enhancement and vertical expansion
- It increases job satisfaction
- It encourages employees to be fully creative and to realise self-actualisation
- It might also involve the introduction of tools and technology for example:
- A computer instead of using a calculator, pen and paper to record sales
- Or a lawn mower instead of a slasher
- This removes the menial tasks and automates the physical parts of the job for example
- This allows the employee to concentrate on the interesting aspects of their job instead.
To access more topics go to the O Level Business Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.