ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Business Organisations: Multinational Companies
- Also known as Trans-national companies.
- They are found in the private sector.
- They are large limited liability businesses which have:
- subsidiaries operating in other countries.
- Headquarters in one parent country.
- Subsidiaries are managed by local board of directors in each of these countries.
- Subsidiaries pay a royalty fee for the use of a design or formula.
- The royalty is paid based on the number of units sold.
- Subsidiary manufactures are licenced to produce goods which adhere to the specified original design.
- They have large amounts of capital.
- Bring advanced technology/machinery to the host countries.
- The subsidiaries remit back some of the profits to the parent company.
- There is centralised control at the headquarters.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.