ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Transport:Modern Developments in Transport: Air Transport
- Development in this transport sector includes enlarging and modernizing airports and terminals.
- There is also a strong drive to attract airlines from developed countries to fly to developing countries to boost tourism there.
- In developed countries, security is the greatest concern at busier airports such as Gatwick and Heathrow in London.
- Hence personnel and sniffer dogs patrol the air terminals looking for weapons, drugs and contraband.
- To increase capacity, the airports are being expanded instead of building new ones which is more expensive.
- The aircraft are increasingly becoming all weather with radar equipment installed to monitor the skies ahead.
- Comfort has increased tremendously with music, food, films and journey trajectories being provided.
- Longer range aircraft have been built which do not require frequent refueling.
- Faster aircraft to transport people quickly
- Budget airlines that prioritize affordability over comfort such as Easy Jet
- More affordable private planes
- Private jets for rich people and business executives
- Internet and phone charging capabilities inside aeroplanes
- Streaming capabilities allow people to watch their preferred films and do business aboard planes
- Satellite tracking of planes
- Computerised navigation and autopilots to reduce fatigue and accidents
- Anti-terror technologies after an increase in terror attacks
To access more topics go to the O Level Geography Notes page
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, chat with us using the chat feature at the bottom right of this screen