ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Money and Banking: Building Societies
- Is a type of a financial institution.
- A building society is a financial organization which pays interest on investments by its members and lends capital for the purchase or improvement of houses.
- The following building societies currently operate in Zimbabwe: CBZ Building Society, ZB building society, CABS and FBC building society.
- Safe keep depositors’ deposits through savings, deposits and fixed share accounts.
- Provide mortgage finance and other forms of building loans.
- The provide Automated Teller Machines (ATMs).
- They provide purchase points e.g. in supermarkets.
- They provide cash and switch cards
- They issue certified cheques upon request.
- Operate stop orders for their clients.
- Give advice on investment portfolios.
- They give loans against paid up permanent shares (PUPS).
- They facilitate RTGS transfers.
To learn about other Financial institutions go to the Financial Institutions page.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, chat with us using the chat feature at the bottom right of this screen