ZIMSEC O Level Business Studies Notes: How managers can use Maslow’s theory of motivation
- Maslow’s motivation theory can be used to motivate workers in a number of ways
- Managers should first identify the unfulfilled needs of workers and
- The level of needs of workers that are as yet to be fulfilled then:
- Physiological Needs-give employees enough income (through salaries and wages) to meet their needs such as buy food,pay rentals, transport allowance, buy clothes etc
- Safety Needs-give employees a contract of employment after a probation period to provide job security. Also provide employees with safety training and safety equipment such as helmets, goggles gloves etc
- Social Needs-place employees in work groups instead of having them work on the assembly line, create quality circles so that workers have a sense of belonging.
- Esteem Needs-recognition for work done via thank yous, awards, medals, certificates of achievements etc
- Self Actualisation- give employees more challenging work. Use techniques such as job enrichment and job enlargement
To access more topics go to the O Level Business Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.