ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: Colonisation of Zimbabwe:The Jameson Raid of 1893
- The British wanted to enforce their rule on Transvaal , Boer colony
- Their reasons for this were that they were complaining that Uitlanders (foreigners mostly British) were being ill-treated by the Boers
- The British then advanced in December 1895 with 280 BSAC police force
- However, he raid was a disaster as the British were received by a prepared Boer army and they got imprisoned
- Rhodes was forced to resign as Prime Minister of Cape Colony and was on the verge of losing his company
- When the Ndebele heard the news that the BSAC were defeated they realized that they were not invincible
- Only 40 soldiers remained in Rhodesia so it was a good time to attack the settlers and drive them off for once
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.