ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Migration: International Migrations
- This is where people leave their home countries or continents and migrate to other countries.
- Examples are whereby people migrate from Mozambique into Zimbabwe and from Zimbabwe to Botswana and South Africa.
- People move to other countries for several reasons, which include:
- Seeking better working conditions for examples teachers, nurses and doctors from Zimbabwe
- Seeking employment for example from southern Africa to mines in South Africa
- Lower taxation rates for example in Botswana
- Setting up business in areas of cheap labour for example industrialists in Europe and America coming to Africa
- Pushed by hunger and wars or religious persecution
- Shopping for better and cheaper commodities.
- The usual pull and push factors shown in the table below:
|Push Factors||Pull Factors|
|War||Peace and political stability|
|Lack of services||Better services/Availability of services e.g electricity|
|Susceptible to natural disasters e.g. floods||Not susceptible to natural disasters|
|Lack of safety||Guarantee of safety|
|High Crime||Low crime|
|Barren/Unproductive land||Fertile land|
|Hostile/Arid climate||Habitable/Auspicious environment|
|Less wealth||More wealth|
To access more topics go to the O Level Geography Notes page
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.