ZIMSEC O Level Business Studies Notes: Managing Human Resources: Human Resources Management: Human Resources Planning
- Human resources planning-involves strategies relating to the acquiring/hiring, retention, utilization, improvement and retrenchment of employees within the organisation.
- The process involves planning and anticipating the organisation’s human resources needs
- For example on a farm there might be need for temporary/seasonal workers during harvest and planting periods
- A job description is then prepared
- Job advertisements are then prepared and disseminated
- The recruitment and selection processes are carried out
- Successful candidates sign contracts
- They are placed and inducted into the organisation
- Workers might also be trained/retrained to make sure the organisation’s human resources needs are met
- Policies are crafted to make sure the organisation retains it’s staff
- The organisation might need to downsize if it’s workforce is to large or has become redundant
To access more topics go to the O Level Business Notes
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.