ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland:The Government System during the Federation
- There were two departments of government, that is, the Territorial Governments and the Federal Government to separate the identities of the territories from that of the Federal State
- Territorial Governments were separate from the Federal Government even though they did have limited sovereignty
- Members of the Federal Government were taken from the three colonies as well as the civil service
- A constitution to govern the federation was put in place which took into consideration the needs and rights of the two racial groups, that is white and blacks
- Territorial Governments dealt with the day to day lives of people whilst the Federal Government dealt with bigger and more complex issues of territories, politics and economics
- The Federation Government’s decisions always overrode those of the Territorial Government
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.