ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland:General and Special Voter’s Rolls Qualifications
|Income p.a for Two Years Preceding or Registration||Ownership of Immovable Property and Value at||Educational Qualification|
|£480||£1.000||Complete Primary education|
|£300||£500||Four years of Secondary Education|
|£120||_||Two years Secondary education|
- For general voters Ministers with a university degree of five years training a theological school or two years at school and three years service and Chiefs deemed to have means qualifications
- Every applicant was required to have knowledge of the English language, the ability to speak, write and comprehend its subject to testing
- They were also required to complete the claim form unassisted in his own handwriting
- At the first Federal election in 1953 there were 64 338 Europeans, 448 Africans and 2 133 Coloured and Asian voters
- At the second in 1958 there were 85 834 Europeans, 7 132 Africans and 4 057 Coloured and Asian voters
- During the 1962 elections there were 103 896 Europeans, 10 959 Africans and 4505 Coloured and Asian voters
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.